Please see the attached pictures as words cannot explain how badly the ruined our stuff. $20,000 in damage, with no apology and no responsibility. We have had a nightmare experience with this company, top to bottom. The should be shut down. Please read on and spread the word.
- The morning of our move, Lippincott was supposed to arrive between 9 and 10. At 10 am I received a call saying they weren't going to be able to move us that day! Ultimately, that afternoon, they were able to pull together what the manager called "the B team" and move some of our stuff out that day. They then showed up two days later, unannounced, to move the rest of the items.
- By the time they were finishing up on day two, I had this nagging feeling that these folks really weren't very professional. I decided I had better purchase the additional insurance with a $250 deductible. Although guaranteeing me I was wasting my money and wouldn't need it, their lead, Howie, marked the form for $250 deductible full replacement cost insurance and told me: sign here and initial here. I did.
- They stored our furniture for one month. When they delivered it to our new home, at least 70% of our furniture was ruined. Mattresses were dirty and had holes in them. Our six thousand dollar light yellow sectional couch was wet and had big black marks all over, every wooden bedframe was splintered and beat up. They literally broke a chunk out of a side table and glued it back together! Words cannot describe this damage. I will attempt to post pictures. The damage absolutely looks intentional.
- When I called to report the damage, they (a) did not apologize, (b) denied I had purchased insurance and (c) took no responsibility for anything.
- They demanded cash for services.