The agreed upon arrival was August 1, 2014 for a move from Texas to Pennsylvania. There is a 14 day period in which items can be delivered, according to the contract. The actual delivery date was August 16, 2014, 16 days after the contracted delivery date.
When we had called to set the pickup and delivery dates, no one returned our phone calls. We found out that our original representative went on leave for some reason, but no one communicated this to us and our emails and calls were left unreturned. We finally got a hold of her supervisor, and with him we set the pickup and delivery dates, and when doing so he implied that we shouldn't have left it so late to set the dates (we had been calling the company for three weeks with no one returning our calls). At the same time, we wanted to adjust our price quote to reflect the actual inventory we had packed, rather than what we had estimated months previously. The supervisor told us the price the original representative had quoted would remain the same, even though our inventory had increased by quite a bit, but when the movers came to pick up our items the price was significantly higher than quoted.
Communication throughout the process was abysmal. We were not contacted about the delay. The only communication occurred when we called to find out where our items were. Dispatch would call the driver to find an estimated delivery date and we were told they would call us back. We never received any calls either from the driver or from dispatch.
After our items were delivered on August 16, we found that a large item, an armchair, was missing. We immediately called the driver and he said that the truck was empty, which must have meant the chair was delivered to another customer. The next day we called customer service to try to trace the chair. They would not try to find the chair without receiving a claims form from us. We sent in the claims form and photos of the missing chair (and other damaged items), and we were told that the claims department would contact us. After weeks of not hearing from anyone, we finally talked to the claims department (who were only available for calls on Fridays). They had lost our claims form. We immediately scanned and sent another claim form (as the claims agent had told us to do so she could start looking for the chair) and mailed another hard copy. When we called the agent the next week to see if she had any news of our chair, she said she couldn't pursue finding it until she received our claim form. When the claims department finally got around to looking for our chair, they of course couldn't locate it, so they sent us a settlement offer of...$29.40, which is ludicrously low to compensate for losing a large item of furniture.
Our biggest issue with this company, besides losing a large item of furniture with monetary and sentimental value, was the utter lack of desire to help us, the customer. It occurs to us that there is no reason (from their point of view) for Trans United to try to make their customers happy since they most likely don't thrive on repeat business; most people don't make large cross-country moves more than once in their life. We got conflicting information from everyone we talked to. Our phone calls were NEVER returned (other than initially when they were trying to get us to sign a contract with them), and they offered NO helpful information that might have made this process easier or more pleasant.