This was my second time moving will Hillstrom and the experience was very different from the first time (back in October).
- The team didn't arrive until 9:30 (the window was 8-9).
- There were only three movers instead of the four we booked.
- Of those three movers, one was having a very difficult time - he had to take breaks constantly, was easily winded, sweat through all his clothes (onto our furniture, boxes and floors), and used the sink in our powder room to cool down.
- The movers were very vocal about their dissatisfaction in having to move us to a non-elevator building (they were informed ahead of time that the final location would not be an elevator building).
- The head of the team took numerous smoke breaks on our deck and dropped cigarette butts throughout the apartment.
- In the end my fiance and I had to help move a signifiant amount of the load off the truck and up the stairs in the interest of time.
- The move probably took 2 hours longer than it needed to because of the lack of qualified resources.
All of that said, one of the gentleman on the team was incredible and worked very hard (unfortunately I did not get his name). He bore the brunt of the work and kept going despite the team leader's smoke breaks and the other gentleman being unable to do a lot of the work.
I"ve emailed Hillstrom about the poor experience, here's what their response was:
Good Morning Aimee,
1ST of all I am sorry you were unhappy with you move. The lead person was my manager who
Goes on jobs, and he must answer the phone 24 7. The reason it took so long was some workers. Did not show up the day of your move, and that’s why you had 3 people instead of 4. It was a very Busy day, and we do keep all of our appointments rather than cancel a job at the last minute like Other companies do. I was told your fiancé offered to help to save time for your move. As far as The butts, they were outside and not inside your apartment. I once again understand how you feel, and I am truly sorry for your experience, but it does take Longer for the crew to go up the stairs. Please feel free to contact me, but once again my hands are tied and the only thing I can do is to Tell you I am sorry, but they did complete the move.
Once again thank you for your business.