We contracted with Margaret's Movers in Louisville, Ky. The contract with Stevens Worldwide Van Lines for interstate moves. We moved from Louisville to Longboat Key, Fl. The man who did our move for Stevens was Toby from Georgetown, Texas. He used a local helper at both ends. Toby was outstanding in every way....a real class act. We were not impressed with Margaret's in Louisville; they were disorganized and communicated poorly. But Toby was fabulous with the actual move. We appreciate his professional demeanor, helpfulness, and knowledge of his job. All items arrived in great shape, and he and his helpers were personable, helping to make a tough job easier. Kudos to Toby!
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines
Waterford, MI 48328
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines is The Way to Move™ and is a leader in the moving and storage industry, with agents across the country and around the world.
Stevens handles household goods moves, office moves and offers specialty moving services. Stevens has special divisions for international relocations, general cargo shipments, corporate moving services, affinity moving services and clergy and church denomination moves. We also have a division dedicated to military and government moving.
Stevens Worldwide Van Lines was established in 1905 in Saginaw, Michigan. Founder Frederick H. Stevens, Jr. used a single horse and dray to haul baggage to and from the Michigan Central Passenger Depot. Stevens is now a full-service moving company with more than 125 agent locations throughout the United States and has a division specifically dedicated to international relocations and general cargo shipments.
Stevens performs local moves, long-distance moves and international moves with storage options for all types of relocations. Stevens also has special services for records storage and records management at many of its locations. Stevens Van Lines has continued under leadership of the same family for its entire history, and still maintains its headquarters in Saginaw. Members of the fourth and fifth generations of the company's founder continue to hold executive positions in the van line.
Stevens is ISO 9001 quality certified. This certification means that we adhere to a set of internationally recognized guidelines for excellence and continuous improvement. The Stevens International division is a member of FIDI/FAIM, the International Association of Movers and the Latin American & Caribbean Movers Association. It also holds the licensure from both the Federal Maritime Commission and the International Air Transport Association.
Stevens is recognized as a ProMover by the American Moving & Storage Association. The ProMover program promotes ethical principles in the moving and storage industry and works with federal and state governments to eliminate unethical moving practices. ProMover status clearly separates professional movers from rogue operators posing as legitimate movers. To qualify as a ProMover, movers must pass a rigorous review of professional business standards.
Stevens has an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), with Morrison Stevens, Sr., Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, owning 70% of the company and employees owning the remaining 30%. Because of their ownership, employees in ESOP companies tend to have more dedication to their work and are more dedicated to quality and customer satisfaction than employees who do not have an ownership interest in their employer.
- In state
- Out of state
- Full-Service Move
- Moving Labor
- Packing Services
- Corporate Relocation
- Commercial/Business Moves
- Art & Antiques
- Industrial Movers
- Military/DOD Certified
Moving Company Business Info
|In Business Since||1905|
|Better Business Bureau||Rating & Complaint History|